Sunday 6 May 2012

Sunday Star - Orange Star

Apparently the earth is extremely close to the moon at present and it looks up to 30% bigger than usual. The 'supermoon' as it is being called, is actually a full moon known as a perigree full moon and is about 356,400 kilometers from earth, rather than the usual 384,000 kilometers and causes higher than usual tides.

That's all good and well, but is only exciting if one can actually see it, which here in the UK, with our present weather, is remote, considering the grey, drizzly skies! Anyway, moons aside, today was more of a star day for me, as I wore Andy Tauer's Orange Star, which while I found perfectly easy to wear on a hot summer day, works equally well on a cold and wet day. In fact, it was just the tonic to lift the mood, with its peppy orange accord. As some of you who have tried this will know, Orange Star is no ordinary citrus scent, with the zesty and sweet mandarine and clementine balanced by a rich and vibrant ambergris, tonka bean and vanilla accord. It is a curious, yet brilliant fragrance, in my opinion and nothing else smells quite like it. 

The strange thing is that the smell of Orange Star actually reminds me of a scent from my childhood, which I can't quite place. It makes me think of summer days and swimming pools for some reason, without any obvious connection, but what I do know is that it makes me feel happy. Very happy.

7 comments:

  1. Orange Star is one of the few perfumes I've been complimented on while wearing - that makes it most special, in my book! I'm glad you like it, too.

    Even with our frequently over-cast weather, it cleared up last night for the moon. It was wonderful and such a bright gold it hurt my eyes to look at for long. The "man in the moon" was more pronounced, too. Oh, I love the moon : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am testing out the Guerlain Cuir Beluga, Rose Barbare & Angelique Noire this week. So far, my very picky husband said OK to both Cuir Beluga and Rose Barbare. We will see what he says tonight about Angelique Noire.

    Orange Star sounds lovely - I need to add it to my "must try" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cym, I'm glad you saw the super moon. My cousin, who lives in Vancouver, took some amazing pics of the moon rising last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turbovivi, that's good news! I've only tried Cuir Beluga out of those three. See if you can find Orange Star, it is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any perfume that makes us happy is a great perfume, you should wear your "happy perfume" more often!
    Orange Star is one of a few Tauer's perfumes that I haven't tried yet but I'll get to it eventually.

    I saw the Moon on May 5th and wasn't too impressed... But maybe it was already too late? I've seen it much bigger before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undina, you are correct - I should wear my happy perfumes more often (instead of taking my happy pills ;) )

    I'm not sure about the moon, as it was overcast here, but the pics I've seen looked quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, wait-wait-wait... Why hurry with a choice? ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails