Monday 14 May 2012

Serge Lutens Chergui

Oh dear, I wasn't expecting this. I used to like Chergui. A lot. I haven't worn it for some time now, but trying it again today, it came across cloying, over-sweet and just a bit nauseating. It's always been a strong perfume on me, like most Lutens, which aren't known for their light, fleeting sheerness. I think it may have had something to do with the fact that today was quite overcast, humid and rainy at times, which just seemed to amplify all that Chergui-ness, like a suffocating and scratchy blanket.

For some reason, every time I smelled Chergui today, I wished I had sprayed on Costamor's Tabacca instead, which on my skin manages to seem dry yet sweet at the same time, and thus very well balanced.

4 comments:

  1. arghh I hate when that happens; when one day your 'fume plays nicely and another day it claws at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I had exactely the same thing happen with Chergui last week. I put it on since it was a chilly, rainy day and I thought it would be all comforting and snuggly. It was not! Which makes me sad because I used to really like Chergui and I thougt we were friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, its a bummer, for sure. It doesn't happen very often to me, but this time, it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flavourfanatic, thanks for commenting. Interesting that Chergui had a similar effect on you last week. I suspect it may actually perform a lot better in warmer weather. I'll wait for a hot day and see (I may be waiting a while, here in the UK!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails