Friday 25 May 2012

Hermes Voyage D'Hermes Parfum

In a post of mine in March, here, I mentioned that Hermes had released a parfum version of Voyage. Well, I tried the parfum version for the first time today and I have to say that in my opinion the original perfume wins hands down. It isn't that the parfum is bad, but to my mind it deadens the notes that made the original a curious, yet compelling pastiche of the Hermes aesthetic. The original was fresher, lighter and more vibrant - usually not the sort of things that appeal to me, being a fan generally of darker, stronger compositions, but it worked.

The parfum smells sweeter and more leathery to me, although various fragrance sites state that the parfum version brings rose and amber to the original. I think it is the amber that makes it sweeter and heavier. Perhaps I should try it when the weather is cooler, as it may appeal to me more. As I said above, it isn't a bad perfume by any means, but I prefer the original.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I haven't seen this one in a store yet but I'll test it as soon as I come across. Though I should say I didn't expect much since for my favorite Terre I can't smell any difference between EdT, EdP and even parfum concentrations. The only noticeable difference was in longevity.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails