Thursday 10 May 2012

Scent of the day - Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Is it just my skin, or is Spiritueuse Double Vanille frustratingly shy? Perhaps I have developed the nasty olfactory habit of wanting all my perfumes to be strong, but SDV is positively (negatively?) a wilting flower on me. I love the ingredients, I love the idea, and I love the smell, when I can smell it.

It takes some serious close-up wrist-sniffing to detect it and when I do - yum, yum, yummy! Certainly a skin scent on me, unless my sample was diluted. I find that a lot of the modern Guerlain perfumes I've tried are like this on me, including Cuir Beluga and Bois d'Armenie. The frustrating thing is they all smell so good, but so subtle. Too subtle in my opinion.

Has anyone else out there had a similar experience with SDV and friends?

2 comments:

  1. I find SDV to be pretty strong actually. I wonder if you're anosmic to a musk or some amplifying synthetic material in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa, it is possible I suppose. I generally do smell most musks quite easily, but there could be something in SDV that isn't registering with me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails