Tuesday 22 May 2012

L'Artisan Dzing

Today I wore L'Artisan's iconic Dzing, a perfume of genius if ever there was one, in my humble opinion. I can't believe that I wrote about Dzing more than two years ago, here. It feels like just the other day. 

Reading my review on 13 May 2010, I don't think much has changed. Dzing still smells and wears pretty much like that. It still amazes me how Dzing manages to convey the smells of the circus. Who needs Demeter or CB I Hate Perfume? One thing that strikes me now is how musky Dzing actually is. It has loads of musk in it, which with the leather creates a distinctly animalic accord, not sexually animalic to my mind, but of animals in an enclosure. Amazing.

If I'm not mistaken, I read a while ago that L'Artisan had or were thinking of discontinuing Dzing. I don't know if that is  true, but if it is, that is a real shame because Dzing is one of the most innovative and compelling perfumes I know.

2 comments:

  1. I tried Dzing only recently (though I read a lot about it) and I liked it. Not sure yet if I need more than just my sample but the first impression was very positive.
    Do you own a bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undina, I don't own a bottle - I haven't seen it in a long time. My local stores only carry a limited range, but I did read that it was/could be discontinued. It's a quirky perfume, no doubt about it, but very original.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails