Tuesday 8 May 2012

Scent of the day - Prada Amber Pour Homme

I wore Prada's Amber Pour Homme today. I've tried it a few times before, but I have to admit that despite the enticing notes, Prada's perfumes haven't done very much for me. There is a note that all their perfumes seem to have, mainly in the dry down, that just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyway, Amber Pour Homme has notes of mandarin, bergamot, cardamom, patchouli, tonka, vanilla, saffron, suede, vetiver and orange blossom. In theory, this combination ought to have me in raptures, as these are all notes that I love. In practice, the fragrance dries down to an over-sweet amber that promises a lot, but just doesn't deliver.

In fairness, I don't think it is a poor fragrance, but I wish that it was a bit drier, with a touch of smoke and more resinous. When I wore it, I had a steaming cup of coffee next to me and I suddenly thought how nice this fragrance could be if Prada perhaps added a shot of a coffee note to the original. It certainly smelled very good with the coffee aroma close by!

In closing, I should perhaps state that I do prefer Amber Pour Homme to the Infusion d'Iris, which is even sweeter and more cloying on my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails