Sunday 21 August 2011

Scentless Sunday

After a few unseasonably cool days in my part of England, this weekend the weather returned to something resembling late summer. We took advantage of this by taking our daughters to the pool for a swim, followed by a picnic in a park and then a play in an adventure playground. It was a great way to spend quality time with my kids, but I am exhausted now! 

Of course, spending time in a chlorinated swimming pool is hardly the best way to appreciate a fine fragrance, so it was a scentless Sunday for me. I hate it when I don't wear perfume. It may seem silly, but in a way I don't feel complete without it.

By the way, this afternoon we also watched Toy Story 3 on Blu Ray. I've loved all the Toy Story movies - they're brilliant. I don't know if I should be revealing such details on my blog, but I must admit that I shed a couple of tears at the end when Andy leaves Woody, Buzz and the gang with a younger girl as he goes off to college. There's something painful about leaving childhood behind. Now if only I hadn't treated my toys so badly.... !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails