Wednesday 30 January 2013

Too busy to wear perfume?

I've written about this malaise a few times before. I have been very busy and stressed at work this month, particularly over the last ten days. This week I have not worn perfume at all, so far. So that equates to three whole days, which is very unusual for me.

Thinking about it, I cannot fathom why I so often skip wearing perfume during busy times. I'm not convinced it is because I don't have time to apply a perfume; after all, all it takes is one dab or spritz, literally seconds. I think it has more to do with the fact that deciding on what to wear, the selection process, is for me a deliberate and considered process. I like taking my time, assessing my mood and choosing accordingly. When I'm busy and stressed, that peace or frame of mind is missing and thus I enter a state of inertia, as far as perfume is concerned.

Do you ever have phases like this, and if so, what do you think prevents you from wearing perfume, if at all?

8 comments:

  1. I am often too busy or stressed to make decisions. But I have to say that going out, without a fragrance would be like not putting trousers on; I just can't do it. Damn the decision, grab a bottle and spray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On "work" days I have to get up at an ungodly hour which means clothes and perfume are chosen the night before. Perfume has to be dental office appropriate so that limits the choices, but it's still sometimes hard to decide on the perfect perfume. I really think my 'everyday indecision' comes about because I have just too damn many lovelies! That said, I never go a day without wearing perfume - it brings me such joy : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will sometimes go a partial day without wearing perfume. Meaning if I spend a Saturday testing multiple perfumes on my skin, I will sometimes shower in the evening and not apply anything else. But I have perfumes that suit those busy times when I can't be bothered to 'choose' what scent I'm going to wear. To smell of nothing is to be virtually invisible, which, of course, is unthinkable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No - never too busy to wear perfume. Never too busy for pleasure.

    However, Michael, I do believe I understand what you mean. You mention being both stressed and busy at work to think of perfuming up... Well, I am almost like that when I am sad hearted, unwell, anxious or having a bad hayfever attack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With me, it's not like I'm ever to busy to wear them, I'll always make time. However sometimes I'm so undecided that I don't put fragrance on in the morning, but would do that later on. Just the thought I could've chosen wrong makes me miserable enough. So i treat it as a little break.
    Dominic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all of you for the comments. What I find interesting is that all of you felt differently to me. I don't feel 'naked' or 'incomplete' if I don't wear perfume, as for me perfume is all about the olfactory experience, and not part of my wardrobe or dressing up and never has been. Maybe its just a guy thing, I don't know. Anonymous mentioned something that made sense to me - I think sometimes it is when I am busy that I am undecided, then put off wearing something till later in the day, then later and all of a sudden that day is almost over and I feel it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Not a guy thing...I'm a guy and definitely not a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jade, no offense intended. Maybe its the age of the metrosexual now? But seriously, I wasn't trying to make it a big difference of the genders.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails