Thursday 10 January 2013

Perfume compliments!

Like many of you, I wear perfume every day, almost. However, I have to say that I seldom receive compliments on the perfume I wear. I can recall perhaps five instances in five years where someone has commented on what I am wearing, excluding my wife.

Anyway, this week I received two positive compliments on successive days. Admittedly it was the same lady both times, but hey, beggars can't be choosy! The first perfume was Amouage Interlude Man. Unlike 99% of the perfume blogging world, I haven't written about Interlude yet, but I plan to at some point. What I will say now is that I haven't fallen head over heels in love with it, unlike a lot of people. I think it is decent though. Actually, thinking about it now, a few weeks ago another lady in my office commented that it smelled as if something was burning in our room. I didn't say anything, but I was wearing Interlude that day. 

The second perfume is an altogether more obscure perfume - Exotic Island's (Juan Perez) Oud Nawab. This is a sample that was kindly given to me by Cymbaline (again!), but I can find very few blog posts about this perfume and the whole line in general. If I'm not mistaken, Juan Perez is based in Puerto Rico, which is not the most obvious place for the birth of a very interesting perfume line, but very welcome nevertheless. I am certain I shall write about Oud Nawab and some of the others in due course.

Until next time, let's hope those compliments keep coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails