Saturday 5 January 2013

Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles

I've had a little mini-bottle of L'Ambre des Merveilles knocking about my sample box for a few months now. I never got round to trying it, but reading various bloggers 'best of 2012' lists, this perfume seemed to feature frequently.

Curious, I decided to wear L'Ambre today. I have to admit that I enjoy almost all Hermes perfumes and I've liked the various incarnations of Merveilles. L'Ambre, while a little different, is to my nose a variation of a familiar theme. Losing the orangeness of the original and other flankers, it is a bit dryer, possibly due to the amber note and what seems to be listed as patchouli. However, it still has that sunny, fresh-yet-not-fresh, tang of salty skin that I love about the original, and with a hint of amber, it is very well done. I say hint, because the amber note is not particularly strong to my nose, but blends very well.

I can't say that L'Ambre is totally my style, but equally I can't deny that it is very well executed and another very good addition to the Hermes range. I'm also not surprised that it has received very good reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails