Wednesday 19 December 2012

SOTD - Divine L'Homme Sage

Following on from my post last week about wearing Divine's other excellent Masculine, L'Homme de Coeur, I thought I would give L'Homme Sage a run. 

I've had samples of this one for years, and it still smells as lovely today as it did back then. L'Homme Sage is one of those perfumes that is unapologetically masculine, yet is by no means a cliched male perfume. Not remotely. It is a perfume that has a strange, yet compelling juxtaposition between almost soapy, almost herbal and almost smoky, without ever resolving any of these directions. If I were to try explain what it smells like, I would suggest you smell Andy Tauer's Lonestar Memories, as there is a note they share in common, at least to my nose, of slightly weedy brush/herbs, possibly ones that have been slightly charred by a fire. That's where the smokiness comes in, but it is a much more toned down effect than Lonestar Memories. 

As I said before, I don't know of a dud in the Divine lineup and I've long been a fan of Yann Vasnier's work. Comes highly recommended.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, I am wearing Lonestar Memories today, and love herby smokey frags.

    I think some sample fishing is in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth seeking out, for sure. As I said, the Lonestar connection is there for me, but nowhere near as potent or smoky as that.

      Delete
  2. I've gotta try Lonestar. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Andy Tauer does a good sample program, and his line is easily sampled on a number of online locations.

      Delete
  3. Great review you have shared on perfume. Thank you for taking such type nice point on perfume to discuss here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails