Friday 25 February 2011

Weekly roundup and post numero 200

It's been a bit of a funny old week for me, personally and perfume-wise. I've had the last two days off from work, just like last week. I haven't done anything particularly special - it's more a case of trying to use up all my holidays before my firm's year-end, as we aren't allowed to carry leave over. Having said that, any time I get to spend with my children is special, so don't get me wrong - I have enjoyed it.

Less enjoyable are the colds my wife and I have come down with. I won't bore you with the details but it's hard to appreciate and enjoy perfume as much as I usually do with a sore throat, cough and the chills. Sob.

I have worn some perfume. I can't exactly remember when, but its mostly been a case of revisiting some old favourites, including L'Artisan's Al Oud and 10 Corso Como and some new faves, like Dior's Leather Oud and Caron's Secret Oud. I can't believe that I've just typed Oud three times in a row (four times now...). What is it with oud lately (five)? Every other blog I've visited in the last month has had a post or more about it. I happen to like the note, but I guess if you don't you're probably thinking enough already.

On the samples front, I still haven't ordered any. Call it perfume constipation, impotence, whatever, but it's getting on my nerves.

My local department stores are still frustratingly devoid of any new releases or perfume lines. I've seen some Daisy flankers or something knocking about, but I'm still waiting for the latest from Uncle Serge. One of my friends in the know tells me that the Etro line is coming to Fenwicks. It's not a line I've tried very often, so if this is true I'll be quite happy.

Oh, and lastly, if I'm correct, I think this is my 200th post. When I reached the century mark I made a big sing and dance about it. This time I'll just say that a further 100 on, I still feel as enthused and excited by blogging as before, which I'm happy about. I honestly wouldn't be doing this if I didn't enjoy it. A big thank you to you who visit my little blog, particularly those regulars who take the time to comment and partake in a bit of perfume banter and chat. I do enjoy these online relationships and community. Honestly!

Have a good weekend everyone. 

6 comments:

  1. So glad you're here and blogging!! enjoy the weekend, Michael and hope that your family colds go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, congratulations on your 200th post! They do somehow pile up while you're not watching. ;)

    P.S. Today was my 300th post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frida thank you for the kind comment, as always. It's always greta to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ines, thank you, and yes, it's true. Congratulations to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, congrats on post 200! Sorry about the sickness - my husband has been sick all week and is just beginning to feel better now, so I understand how it can shut life down a bit.

    I am determined to find a sample of Caron's Secret Oud and now, after reading your post, must also revisit my decant of 10 Corso Como. I often forget I have things until someone mentions them...

    Get well soon and I look forward to future banter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment and wishes Josephine, as always. I hope I'm not making too much of Secret Oud and building your expectations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails