Sunday 4 March 2012

Friday scent of the day - Voyage D'Hermes

I've written about Voyage d'Hermes before, not long after it was first released just under two years ago. I wore it again on Friday and almost two years later, I still feel the same about it as I did then. To me, Voyage is a perfectly nice-smelling and decent perfume. It has that typical understated 'Hermes-ness' and chic sophistication, but ultimately it leaves me wondering why Hermes had to release a perfume that in my opinion simply takes a lot of what they've done previously and amalgamated it into one juice. It's sort of like a retrospective, perfume-wise. Taking that into account, I can sort of see where the name Voyage comes from too. Voyage is essentially a woody, slightly green perfume with a touch of musk and spice. All very understated but perfect for wearing on a day that you don't want to necessarily stand out and leave a trail behind you, but if someone does catch a whiff, it will be a very classy smelling whiff. I still love the bottle by the way. I read recently that a more intense version of Voyage will be released this year. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the original.

Image credit - http://fimgs.net/images/

2 comments:

  1. I like Voyage D'Hermes and wear it exactly for the occasions you described: "perfect for wearing on a day that you don't want to necessarily stand out and leave a trail behind you". One more characteristic that I want to add: it's truly unisex. Voyage D'Hermes is our shared perfume with my vSO for plane trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undina, you're quite correct. It is perfectly unisex. One thing I'll say about most, if not all Hermes fragrances, is that they are all fairly easy and pleasurable to wear, for most occasions.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails