Monday 19 December 2011

Perfume curiosities, part 2

I got round to sampling no 5 in Six Scents Series 1. Labelled 'Illicit Sex', in all honestly it doesn't remind me of sex at all, illicit or otherwise, but even so, it is one of those perfumes I would call 'odd'. 

A few months ago I wrote about the first in series 1, no 1, here. It smelled like candied pineapple to me! No 5 is perhaps not quite as strange, but I also found it less interesting too. Boiling it down to basics, it is a peppery incense fragrance, but having said that, it didn't really smell that peppery or incense-like to me. It did smell quite synthetic, in a style that I could see Comme des Garcons doing. I was going to try describe what no 5 smells like, but honestly, I don't know if I really can.

When searching for reviews, I came across a particularly scathing review of this by PereDePierre, here, if you're interested in reading another take on it. For me, I thought it was different enough to write about, but am not sure if it is something I would wear regularly. I prefer the pineapple!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried no. 4 from the first series? That one is seriously strange (as in sth in there has a tendency to turn my stomach strange).
    But I really think it's an interesting perfume and a good one, just not meant for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ines, I haven't. I've only got samples of 1 and 5 in the first series. I'm always nervous of perfumes that almost make me feel physically ill. What does it smell like and why do you think it has that effect on you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails