Tuesday 20 December 2011

A bit of this, a bit of that

I've seen others do it, so today I decided I would do it too. Yes, a list of what I am currently enjoying....

Perfume

Cymbaline recently very kindly sent me some lovely perfume samples. I haven't tried most of them yet, but two that have given me cause to celebrate are Ormonde Jayne's Ormonde Woman and 1000 Flowers Reglisse Noir. Ormonde Woman is a stunner and as unisex as they come. Reglisse Noir is fascinating. I've never smelled anything like it.

Got my eye on:
  • L'Artisan minis of Timbuktu, Coeur De Vetiver Sacre and Fou D'Absinthe. Currently marked down to about £45 at Fenwicks, but I'm hoping they'll drop further after Christmas, if any are still in stock. The ladies set includes Nuit De Tuberose and part of me wishes I could include that too.
  • Thinking of ordering some Neil Morris samples - I've wanted to try his stuff for some time
  • Candles - I'm suddenly obsessed with candles, but they cost a bomb. Wouldn't mind treating myself to a Carriere Freres or a Cire Trudon
Books
It's bizarre, but I'm reading the first in the Twilight series and am strangely enjoying it. I was told this is chick lit, and maybe it is, but still, I like it, so wah.

Just finished reading Donna Tartt's The Secret History for the second time. It's ten years since I last read it and it is as compelling today as it was previously. A magnificent work of fiction.

Got my eye on:
  • a number of perfume-related books, including Roja Dove, Michael Edwards and Chandler Burr
  • No Direction Home Life and Music of Bob Dylan by Robert Shelton
  • Nigella - any of her books (call me a sucker for sexy Jewish women with er, large bossoms! say no more....)
Music

I could list loads here. Over the last 12 months I have got massively back into music.

Recently I've listened a lot to Laura Marling, Bob Dylan, Fleet Foxes, The Band, The Black Keys, Mavis Staples, Nina Simone, Devendra Banhart, Calexico, Florence & The Machine, Jonathan Wilson, Bon Iver, Joni Mitchell, Josh T Pearson, The Kinks, Ron Sexsmith and The Stone Roses, to name a few

I've got my eye on everything. The only downside with having an Ipod that can store almost a lifetime of music is that it is so much more difficult to listen to whole albums with the passion and intensity that I used to back when I was a teenager.

TV, DVDS, etc

A bit late, I know, but recently I've got into Mad Men in a big way. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I recently loved the latest series of Masterchef The Professionals. It's the one TV reality show that I actually enjoy. X Factor sucks in a big way these days.

I've got my eye on The Wire. I've only read good things about this series.

For Christmas I've ordered myself The Beatles Anthology DVDs. I can see myself wasting a good few hours of my life watching this!

So that's it for now. I could list a lot more stuff, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. I got hooked on Twilight when it came out some years ago and my interest declined only with the last book. So, I understand. :)
    Those l'Artisan minis sound great! I wish we had those here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ines, I tend to get hooked on stuff quite easily, but usually a lot later than everyone else. I avoided Harry Potter like the plague for a decade, then read them all compulsively in the space of 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, all I can say is lucky you. :)
    I got hooked on HP when the second book came out and a friend lent me both (knowing I love to read and adore fantasy).
    So, I was among all those people who couldn't wait for the other books to come out.
    These days I can finally enjoy them in peace and read them all at the same time (which I do at least once a year). :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails