Wednesday 13 February 2013

Perfume house of the day - Ormonde Jayne

I say perfume house of the day, because I wore two from Ormonde Jayne, Tolu and Ta'if. The Ormonde Jayne line has a very definite house smell. I'm not even sure what ingredient/s create this house accord. Perhaps I should do the analysis one day. 

What I do know is that Tolu and Ta'if are two of my favourites from the line. Ta'if is a rose perfume of course, while Tolu is about balsams and is a darker oriental, without ever feeling heavy.

Have you tried any perfumes from Ormonde Jayne and if so, which are your favourites? I think my overall favourite is still their signature scent, Ormonde Woman. 

8 comments:

  1. I know Iso E Super is one of the ingredients in heavy use in that line, but I'm not sure what else because I've only tried a couple of them, and only worn OJ Woman enough to really analyze. I've got a sample of Tolu in my to-try pile though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisa, Iso E Super - it could well be. The note that stands out for me is sort of a woody cedar I think, so that could well be it.

      Delete
  2. I've only ever tried OJ's Tiare (and liked it very much.) Their rep once emailed to offer me review samples, but though I watched my mailbox eagerly for weeks, it came to nothing and I lost my head of steam. Ah well, someday I still hope to give Ta'if a try on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, the OJ line is worth seeking out. It is solid and well done. Nothing dramatically innovative or edgy, I don't think, but Ormonde Woman is lovely.

      Delete
  3. To be quite honest, athough some bloggers rant and rave about OJ I have been fearful to try, lest I fall madly in love with one as I do believe that full bottles are a bit pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brie, the line is not cheap, but they do have a very good sample set, very nicely packaged. Worth a try.

      Delete
  4. I'm wearing rose perfumes this week and OJ Ta'if was my choice yesterday for Valentine's Day, it's probably my favorite 'rose' perfume. OJ Woman gets a lot of winter wear - Frangipani is a beauty in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cym, Ta'if is lovely. I actually enjoy Orris Noir very much. It is quite a strange one, but totally up my street, taste (or should it be smell) wise.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails