Friday 2 September 2011

Faberge Vintage Woodhue

I received a sample of this vintage formulation from Carol at http://waftbycarol.blogspot.com/. I've never smelled this before, and I can't claim to be any expert on vintage fragrances, but Woodhue smells both comforting and challenging at the same time. It has that vibe that perfumes from the seventies and eighties exude, but I understand that this perfume dates from the 1930s, although I have no idea of the date of the particular sample I tried. (Carol, if you ever read this, let me know please...).

Woodhue opens with a smell of leather and oakmoss to me, with a touch of floral/resinous lavender and a hint of spice that might come from Bergamot. It smells strong, but is by no means clumsy and domineering. While decidedly masculine to me, it still smells refined and elegant.

As Woodhue develops and dries down, it loses that intensity and becomes woodier, still with hints of oakmoss and leather. Basenotes lists the notes as lavender, bergamot, basil, geranium, carnation, vanilla, vetiver, sandalwood and cedar. Perhaps I am confused, as I think there is definitely oakmoss in here, but perhaps  recent formulations exclude it. Whatever, Woodhue smells lovely and I can certainly recommend it, if you can get hold of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails