Saturday 1 September 2012

Saturday scents

The first of September has been a fairly grey and cool day here in Blighty. For some reason I was in a Guerlain mood today, so wore Habit Rouge and L'Instant, both of which I own. I'm not going to review them now; I've written of my love for L'Instant many times before. I'm also glad that I bought that bottle of Habit Rouge on sale a few months ago. It is a classic men's fragrance, the way only Guerlain can do it, in my opinion.

While writing this, I started thinking about whether I tend to wear different fragrances on the weekend than during the week. It is difficult to say really, but I have a suspicion that I tend to be more daring and adventurous during the week, funnily enough. At the weekend I am usually far more relaxed and in a peaceful frame of mind, and perhaps that translates to the scents as well, as I often wear fairly soft and subtle perfumes, or comforting ones.

So over to you - do you think you have a different approach to perfume at the weekend, and if so, how?

2 comments:

  1. You know I at first thought the opposite - that when I was working a full-time job, my workday scents were more soothing, but really I don't think they were at all - I think that I was more bold during work time than off time. Good question, Michael - I'm still thinking about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,thanks for the comment. Interesting that your initial thoughts are similar to mine. I too would have expected to be more daring on the weekend when I could do what I like and wear what I like, but I don't think it is the case actually.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails