Friday 3 June 2011

Perfume for a long day and journey?

Today is a very early start as I am up at 5am to drive to Bournemouth for work. For those of you who aren't familiar with the UK, Bournemouth is a large university and resort town on England's south coast, in Dorset, situated to the west of Southampton.

It takes about 2.5-3 hours to drive to Bournemouth from Tunbridge Wells, depending on traffic and my colleague and I are going only for the day. This means leaving at 6am and getting back at 9pm, with a day's work sandwiched in between. I feel tired already!

So I was wondering what to wear for the journey and for some reason I am in the mood for patchouli. I'm not sure why - perhaps I feel the need for inward contemplation and patchouli sometimes assists me in that respect.

So I'm wearing Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums on one arm and Intrigant Patchouli by Parfumerie Generale on the other.

What perfume do you like to wear on a long (ish) journey? Would travelling by aeroplane change your mind?

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid to wear too much perfume when I am in close quarters even with myself let alone with other people who won't have any escape from me, so for a long drive (and even more so for a flight) I try to wear something that stays very close to skin, preferably in solid or roll-on version.
    How did your trip go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undina, I agree. I tend to wear something not too shouty and more of a skin scent.

    My trip was ok, but very tiring, and being for work meant that it was rather boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now you're back (presumably to work), so enjoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails