Monday 30 August 2010

Sampling fever continues


As I mentioned not long ago, after a hiatus of over three months, I have taken the plunge again and purchased a number of samples, this time from Luckyscent. It is expensive, and I know there are more important things I could spend my money on, but then again, perfume is my hobby. So why shouldn't I indulge every now and then? I don't know about you, but in a way, the actual process of ordering samples can sometimes be more exciting that the sampling itself. There is something about that process of browsing a site like Luckyscent for example that is addictive, looking at the various lines, making a shortlist of what you think you want, reading a few reviews, tweaking the list, then with an intake of breath, clicking that order button, for better or for worse. Then there's the anticipation and waiting. Checking the post each day, searching for that padded tell-tale parcel. I could go on, but I think you get my drift. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this, am I (said in a plaintive, slightly desperate voice)? 

Anyway, below is a list of my most recent order and once it arrives, I look forward to writing some more reviews as I try them:

Amouage Opus II
Nasomatto China White
Costamor Tabacca
Eau d'Italia Paestum Rose
Eau d'Italia Sienne l'Hiver
Mazzolari Mazzolari
Parfums MDCI Enlivement au Serail
Atelier Orange Sanguine
Atelier Bois Blonds
The Different Company Bois d'Iris
Odin Nomad
Heeley Sel Marin
Domenico Caraceni 1913
Mark Buxton Black Angel

Here's wishing you all a great final day of August 2010.



5 comments:

  1. Believe me, you are not alone. Sounds like some interesting samples - I'll look forward to your forthcoming reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josephine. I'm looking forward to trying these and reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I cannot wait to see what you think of TDC's Bois d'Iris (which is one of my faves!) And I'm with you re: the excitement of selecting samples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frida I am keen to try Bois d'Iris. I've thought about sampling it for some time but for some reason have never got round to ordering a sample. I'm also quite interested in Sienne l'hiver - I've read some strange reviews about it and I think it's one of those that will either blow me away or leave me cold, but I'll have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! That's a nice selection.

    I've quick-sniffed Sienne l'Hiver probably six times - two different stores that I used to frequent carried it - and I still don't like, dislike, or even remember it. I suspect that it's one that requires an all day wearing to really evaluate.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails