Friday 27 August 2010

Narciso Rodriguez Musc


I think I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago that I found Narciso Rodriguez for him quite a distinctive and interesting perfume. At least it is for me. It is a musky fougere, with violet leaves. I like it, although it is not something I could wear every day. I also like 'for her', which in a way reminds me a little bit of SJP Lovely (or is that the other way round)? Anyway, this is not a review of the perfumes per se, but I was in a department store today, just browsing and generally making a pain in the arse of myself as usual, when I noticed just how many versions of this perfume there are, both for men and women. And they all look, sound and smell fairly similar to each other. For instance, the men's version comes in an EDT and EDP, but I think they have slightly different names and bottle colours. Then you get the musk oil, which is actually subtle, but very nice. Then the ladies seem to get a similar range. Today I noticed that there is an EDP intense out for both men and women, and then lo and behold, even the Essence range has an intense version on the shelves. To my knowledge, none of these releases has been met with much advertising or fanfare, but then again, I might just be oblivious to all this. The point I am trying to make (actually, am I trying to make a point? I'm not even sure) is I'm not quite sure why there are so many different strengths and versions, and I'm not even sure if they are all flankers or meant to be slightly different. One thing I do know is that they are all variations on a musk theme, not a skanky musk, but neither totally laundry clean. As I said, I like the range, but I can't see why there has to be so many riffs on the same theme - couldn't they try something different?

Anyway, apologies for a somewhat pointless post, but I'd be interested if any of you can shed some light on the 'muskery' that is Narciso Rodriguez!

Image credit - www.trungtamnuochoa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails