Thursday 24 June 2010

Perfume frustration

I'm afraid a silly post today folks. I've had one of those days that started ridiculously early and it was downhill from there. I was up at 5 am this morning, as I had to attend a business breakfast with clients, followed by an intense morning of work, a meeting that lasted my whole lunch hour, more meetings and crappy work issues the afternoon, and staff issues that took me into the evening. To top it all, I never got the chance to eat any lunch, as I had no cash and when I tried to draw money from a cash machine, my card wasn't working. Aaarrrh!!! The worst part about today though, was that I didn't even get around to trying or wearing any perfume. I know this sounds silly, particularly when we all live in a world that has so many problems and more pressing issues in our lives than a spray of perfume. However, for me perfume is a relaxation, a meditation, and an escape from my more mundane life. To go through a day without wearing any is pure frustration for me, and puts me in a bad mood. Does this seem like an extreme reaction? Probably, but I suppose we all have our vice, and perfume is mine.....

4 comments:

  1. I don't like days without perfume either, so you're not alone.

    Hope tomorrow turns out to be better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you're among friends here!

    The nice thing about nasty days is that you can always look forward to better ones.

    Hang in there, and keep scented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I so get it! And you're right; after a crappy day, there's nothing better or more comforting than perfume. I must play with perfume every day (I always wear a scent during the day, then experiment with at least one other in the evening.

    We're freaks. Let's embrace it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys. I do appreciate it, and am glad that I'm not the only perfume obsessive person around!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails