Sunday 6 June 2010

I'm a Tom Ford winner

Now, I'm not sure what you are thinking, but the title of this post does not mean that I've embraced Tom Ford as a Dale-Carnegie type guru. All it means is that I have won a coffret of Tom Ford mainstream samples, pictured here. These are a fairly generous size, 4ml each. The only one not included is Grey Vetiver, so what  I have are Black Orchid, Black Orchid Voile de Fleur, Tom Ford for Men, Tom Ford for Men Intense and White Patchouli. One of our local department stores, Fenwick, was offering this as part of their Beauty Week promotions and on a whim I entered the free draw. I do a lot of this these days; I'm such an opportunist. I've tried these all before, as they are readily available here in the UK, but I thought 4ml of each would be a nice thing to have. One thing that strikes me writing this is how difficult it is to find the Tom Ford Private Blend perfumes here. I assume one of the major London stores carries the line, possibly Harrods or Selfridges, but I'm not sure. If any of you know, please let me know.

So not really a major perfume review today, but I was quite chuffed at winning this. I hardly ever win anything. Although I did win a round of cheddar cheese once. It came in the post wrapped in its big old cheesy bandage. I must have been the only entrant.... Have a good week everyone.

Image credit: punmirls.com

3 comments:

  1. LOL re: your last thing you won!! I think the only thing I have ever won was when I was in second grade and I won Bingo and received a lady bug nail clipper, which was very snazzy but I always bite my nails. Perhaps if I stop biting my nails I would win something again!

    (Though I did win a bottle of Covet from Signature Scent, but I was the only one in the draw, I believe.)

    Gosh I should think before I type, huh? Anyway,
    enjoy your Tom Ford experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both. What I am finding is that the more you try, the better chance you have of winning, although unfortunately that doesn't seem to apply to lotteries!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails