Tuesday 7 February 2012

SOTD - air freshener

I don't usually like to venture into the realm of the loo, particularly when it comes to loo odours, but is there anything more irritating than the smell of toilet or air freshener? 

Now, I know it is very much a personal thing, but to me the smell of air freshener, especially those cheap ones, has that most peculiar ability to ingrain itself into one's nose, olfactory memory, clothes and anything within a building's radius of the loo. 

Now, perhaps you would prefer to mask the odour of man's finest, but in reality, generally speaking that is all that air freshener does. Now that may be enough for you, but I don't want to walk around all day with air freshener particles clinging to my clothing and leaving a sillage behind me that screams 'guess what, I've just been to the loo, had a ...!' You get my drift.

So what is the solution? Well, in my humble opinion, no air freshener is a far better alternative. What are your thoughts on the matter?

2 comments:

  1. you totally crack me up - so happy that you are bold to talk about this - yay Michael.

    I am against air freshener exactly because of the reasons you stated. (though because The Moth likes to use it, I switched out the Febreeze for my bottle of The Body Shop Sandalwood&Ginger which is a slight improvement)

    Just open the window!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frida, thanks. I'm glad I'm not alone in my feelings on this matter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails