Tuesday 28 February 2012

Annick Goutal Rose Absolue

Those of you who read my blog from time to time might be aware that I love a good rose perfume. Recently I tried Annick Goutal's Rose Absolue, which is a splendid Rose Soliflore perfume, containing six different types of roses, namely Bulgarian Rose, Rose de Mai, Turkish Rose, Damask Rose, Egyptian Rose and Moroccan Rose.

As one might expect from the notes, Rose Absolue is about rose, rose, rose and more rose. I love it though. It smells sunny, glorious, luscious, rich and yet fresh at the same time. I wouldn't call it a very complex perfume, with very little progression, if any, but for people who love and appreciate rose perfumes, this is a must try, in my opinion. Rose Absolue smells very natural and realistic to me, in the sense that it isn't really an interpretation of rose, but rather a presentation of rose in its natural form, smell-wise. 

While rose can come across as old-lady like to some, I think Rose Absolue is lovely just as it is and entirely in keeping with the spirit and style of the Annick Goutal line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails