Wednesday 2 March 2011

A scentless day, and a surprise sample

Today was a day devoid of perfume, sadly. For some reason work and its myriad distractions got the better of me and before I knew it, the day was over and I went home, scentless and, possibly, senseless.

A nice surprise was waiting for me when I got home though - a sample of Puredistance M, by the luxury company Puredistance, who, if I understand correctly, are based in Vienna, Austria. I'm not going to review M now, for obvious reasons, but will say that they contacted me out of the blue, offering to send me a sample to try. This is the first time this has happened to me and I'm perfectly happy to take them up on the offer!

M is created by Roja Dove, who many of you will have heard of before. He is based in London and is famed partly for his magnificent haute parfumerie located on the top floor of Harrods in Knightsbridge. I've been there before and the place and its perfumes are just stunning. According to Puredistance, "M is an oriental, leather chypre. Sumptuous and complex, yet at the same time noble and sophisticated. M is a smooth blend of spicy and woody ingredients with the leathery part seamlessly integrated into the whole. The floral note is there, but hidden, adding richness and sensuality."

I'm looking forward to trying M, I must say. I've smelled some other chypres by Roja Dove and they were exquisitely done, so let's hope this one is too.

Watch this space... with a review to follow once I've tried M a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails