Saturday 5 March 2011

Friday and the weekend blues

It's meant to be the other way around, right? I should be saying this on Sunday night, with the Monday blues. But no, this weekend I have been roped into DIY duty, and that makes me feel queasy. I've developed a modicum of DIY skill over the years, out of necessity mind you, not desire. This weekend I have to put up shelves and put a new roof on the Wendy House we got from a neighbour. Her daughter is a bit old for it now, so it's found a new home at no 98. Pity that the roof and floor are half rotting and the felting has just about disintegrated. I suppose the decade of cobwebs can be dusted away easily enough...

On a more serious note, I hope our two daughters will enjoy playing in it over the summer, and perhaps more importantly, that I won't lose DIY face by screwing up the new roof installation or felting. We'll see. Roof tacks at the ready, I'm coming to get you baby.

Today I wore two of my most recent favourite perfumes, Caron's Secret Oud and Dior's Leather Oud. I know, I'm starting to sound like a stuck record. What is it about these two perfumes? I can't quite explain it, save to say that they both appeal to me very strongly, particularly Leather Oud. It has the most gloriously skanky but sexy accord that catches me every time, particularly in the dry down when it reappears with a bit of an oud reprisal as well. After a shower the oud note is surprisingly evident when some of the other notes are stripped away. Leather Oud manages to balance all these accords very nicely. There is leather, oud and skank, but not in a bad way. It's alluring and sexy and just right. For me.

Have a good weekend all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll do great! Those kinda DYI projects are mostly all about math - and you have that in spades (being an accountant)

    BTW, what is a Wendy House?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Wendy House is a small play house for children. I think the name originally comes from Peter Pan.

    I'm not so sure about the DIY thing - I might be good with numbers but not so good with my hands!

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails