Sunday 28 July 2013

Solo Loewe

Loewe is a Spanish house, I think. I've had samples of Solo for ages. I can't for the life of me remember where I got them from and who stocked the perfume, but I do know that I haven't seen Solo anywhere else since then.

I always seem to reach for Solo when it is hot and muggy, like it was this weekend. It is essentially a cologne, but with considerable lasting power. Fragrantica lists copious notes, including lavender, mandarin, bergamot, guava, lemon, thyme, rosemary, cashmirwood, patchouli, costus, aldehydes, nutmeg, cinnamon, pink pepper, mint, caraway, anise, tangerine, amber, musk, oakmoss and vanilla.

I can't say I detect all these notes - I primarily detect citrus notes, musk, woods and a melange of spices and herbs. Solo does smell very good though, and best of all, fairly unique, at least to me. It doesn't smell fresh off the conveyor belt of focus-group hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails