Friday 24 January 2014

Aqua Universalis and Universalis Forte

I'll admit that I am not really sure what the difference is meant to be between Aqua Universalis and Forte. My presumption is that it would suggest different concentrations, but on my skin, certainly, they smell very different, particularly in the top notes.

I'll cut to the chase and state that I far prefer the original. Forte is too sweet, for starters, and in the opening has a curiously sour citrus note that does not sit comfortably with me. The sour smell is dank, a bit like clothing that has not dried properly.

Not very scientific, very subjective, but there you have it.

Incidentally, I really do like the original very much. It is essentially a laundry musk with citrus, but done very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails