Sunday 29 January 2012

Weekend roundup

Some of you might have noticed my relative scarcity of posting this month. Some of this is part of my so-called new year resolution, as I have resolved not to write simply for the sake of it. Which, thinking about it, means that this post is in direct contradiction to that, as I don't really have anything that interesting to say, but I felt like posting, and its my blog, so wah!

The other reason for my scarcity is that my work has got incredibly busy again. January is usually one of my quietest working months, but for various reasons this is not proving the case in 2012. I shudder to think what June to September will be like, as that is usually my busiest time of year!

On the perfume front, I have been working my way through some samples sent to me by my generous friend Cym, and that has been a lot of fun. I plan to write about some of those at some point, but for now I shall merely appreciate them on my own skin. 

This week I've worn Ormonde Jayne's Ta'if, Aroma M Geisha Green, Aftelier Shiso and Al Haramain Sheika. They are all very interesting to say the least. This weekend I got a bit retro and loved wearing Caron's Tabac Blond and En Avion. I don't know anyone who wears Tabac Blond, but jeez, I would almost kill to smell this on a woman, it's so stunning. I also tried Puredistance 1 and Antonia's Flowers, two which I was too nervous to wear at work, for fear they would be too feminine. They are feminine, but lovely, and not as strong as I feared they would be. I can't decide which one I preferred; they both had some lovely aspects.

So, this week continues in a crazy-busy fashion, but rest assured, somewhere along the line (actually mostly along the line) perfume will feature!

4 comments:

  1. I so admire your adventurousness in scent! Your week's worth of difference fragrance choices amounts to a far greater variety than I often can manage in the same amount of time. You are intrepid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! Btw, have you also tried Antonia in the PD range? Would be interested to get your take on that from a man's perspective. You like M also, if my memory serves me.

    I was sniffing with Tara the other day and we picked up a bottle of Antonia's Flowers in Harvey Nicks but had shot our sniffing bolts really by that point and didn't give it a go. : - )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olenska, thank you. I'm willing to try literally anything, but those on the more feminine side of the scale I tend to at least try first in the privacy of my own home. Even I have my limits!

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa, that was actually a mistake in my post. It was Antonia by PD that I was referring to; I didn't mean Antonia's Flowers! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails