Wednesday 4 January 2012

Ideas, ideas, ideas

So, following on from my post yesterday, I have a few ideas for the year ahead. Nothing mind-blowing original mind you, but something slightly different to most of what I posted last year.

I'm thinking of starting the year by running a series of musings (or whatever one might like to refer to it as) on perfume notes. It's not as if it hasn't been done before, but I'm interested in writing in more detail about perfumes I have tried within a genre and see where it takes me.

I think I will start with rose, which is one of my favourite perfume notes, then move on to (not necessarily in this order) vetiver, amber, oud, chypre, fougere, incense, woods, spice, perhaps floral (a difficult one for Mr Alpha Male ;-) ) and then who knows - quirky, strange, odd, whatever.

As an aside, I wore our dear Uncle Serge's Miel de Bois again today, for the first time in almost a year. Cor blimey, but it is a difficult perfume to wear! I've mentioned its freaky strength and longevity before, but I kid you not - one small spray at about 10 this morning and it is still firing away on all cylinders at 8pm, 10 hours later. One thing I've learned is that with this one, less is more, or at least, better. 

4 comments:

  1. Being a "serial collector", I like the idea of series in general and perfumes by a selected note in particular. It will be interesting to read about rose-centered perfumes you choose because I plan to do a post about these in my single note exploration category later this year and I'm curious if we have any of the choices in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undina, its snap then! I love rose so am really looking forward to writing about those I've tried. It will be interesting to see how we match up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, I'm late to the comment fest so I'll address your previous post here as well.

    The subject of perfume is what led me to your blog in the first place, but it quickly evolved, as it has with some of the other 'perfume-based' blogs I read, into a warm glowy feeling of friend and family. I love the way you're able to mix perfume thoughts with a hint of your personal life into this blog. It makes for interesting reading. Someone made a comment a while back that this blog felt a bit like a perfume diary and I thought that was a good assessment.

    Your blogging ideas for the 2012 sound wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading Undina's blogging also.

    SL Miel de Bois is one I haven't dared take on-maybe in 2012 : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cymbaline, thanks for the kind comment. I do appreciate it and apologies for the late reply!

      Go on, try Miel de Bois!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails