Friday 22 November 2013

Brief thoughts on Mona di Orio perfumes

Today I worn Mona di Orio's beautiful Oud. It is one of those perfumes that is bold, yet oddly comforting at the same time. Sweetish, yet quite aromatic. Smooth, but definitely not boring. 

I'm not going to lie and say that I love every Mona di Orio perfume I've tried, but I can honestly say that none has failed to move me in some way. 

What interests me most perhaps is that these perfumes, to my mind anyway, are executed with bold strokes, almost simplistic, but then very often resolve into much softer, subtle creations. I like that.

I can't wait to try the new perfume in the line, Violette Fumee. If you've tried it, I'd be interested to know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. "None has failed to move me in some way." That's a great description. I have brands that I feel that way about, even if I don't love them. Mona di Orio isn't one, but I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie there is something about Mona di Orio's aesthetic that appealed to me. It interests me to see how the line will progress after her untimely death.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails