Friday 31 August 2012

Scent of the day - Ormonde Jayne Man

I think Ormonde Jayne Man was a great perfume to wear on the last day of summer. I know that meteoroligically summer doesn't strictly end until later in September, around the autumn equinox, but a simple mind like mine likes to categorise the seasons on a simple three-month basis.

Today was a fairly cool and breezy day in England, bright with blue skies, yet for some reason I could sense autumn in the air - there is something about that slightly glassy, glare-like feel of the air as the seasons start to change. 

Ormonde Jayne Man is a woody aromatic perfume, almost green, with a note that is a little like anise, but not quite. There are spices in the top notes, oud and hemlock in the heart and fairly typical masculine base notes of musk, vetiver, cedar and sandalwood. I don't detect a lot of oud myself, and like with most of the Ormonde Jayne perfumes I've tried, it has that 'typical' house feel, which if you've sampled this line, you will know exactly what I mean. I really enjoy Ormonde Man. It is understated and classy and quite simply, smells great without blaring forth with any great fanfare. Although I said the base notes are fairly typical, that is not to say that this is how the notes translate on skin. Ormonde Man does not smell typical at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails