Sunday 19 December 2010

Perfume and alcohol

As the seasonal festivities really start kicking off now, what with office parties, get-togethers with friends and Christmas and New Year, of course, I wonder what perfume lovers think about wearing perfume and drinking alcohol?

Of course, I'm not presuming that all of us love and drink booze, but speaking from personal experience, I find that when I'm having a few drinks my appreciation of perfume (and, some might say, of a lot of other things) diminishes. This weekend was a good example, when we went round to friends for lunch and consumed a few beverages too. I just couldn't bring myself to wear anything special. It's not like we got blind drunk or anything like that, but I just didn't have the heart. 

For me, perfume appreciation is often a solitary activity anyway. This is only my personal point of view, but then, I've never been the sort of person to wear perfume to attract someone, or get positive comments. I do, of course, enjoy talking about fragrance and sharing my views with like-minded people, but for the most part  I like to immerse myself in what I am wearing and think about and appreciate it alone. And for me booze and fragrance generally aren't great companions. But perhaps that is just me - I'd be interested in finding out what others think about this.

2 comments:

  1. "I find that when I'm having a few drinks my appreciation of perfume (and, some might say, of a lot of other things) diminishes. " I totally agree; and sometimes I then tend to over-scent and that is not a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Frida. Perhaps the solution is to wear something quite boozy as well, keeping with the 'spirit' of things!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails